Tuesday, May 21, 2019


I made this Warrior doll for the aunt of a friend. This individual is developmentally disabled and has limited verbal skills. Recently she was exposed to some very upsetting situations at a program she attends and they have had a negative impact on her. So, I made her a doll in purples because they (well, lavender at least) are calming colours. I made her without a mouth so that she can hear secrets but not repeat them.
I can't take a picture of the recipient with the Warrior doll. I used my hand to hold the doll as I am extending my empathy to an individual who experienced trauma to let her know that she is going to be okay.
This doll isn't wearing a vest because the individual doesn't have the ability to work ties. edited to add: due to sensory issues, the pompom wasn't an option.
1/ 9mm safety eyes,
2/ I crocheted the final 8 rounds in her "hair" color, strung through the hair from right side to left side and hot glued it into place. I then used a double strand of yarn and crocheted a "braid" to wrap around her head and hang down at the back.
3/ I made the arms in advance and crocheted them into place instead of sewing on after the fact.
Loved making this pattern up! Thank you
#snappytots #warriordoll #worrywarrior 

No comments:

Post a Comment